Tuesday, April 27, 2010

shmemerhorn

I have only three weeks of school left.

About a month ago I realized that I am actually learning things. A lot of things. It's easier to sit in class because I finally know what the hell they are talking about. I don't even take notes anymore. Final projects begin this week. I am finally excited to do homework. No more of this busy work bullshit. I spent $150 on fabric this morning. It was soooo much fun to look at fabric and realize that I can make something out of any of it and it will look like something that came from a store. Not exactly Barney's, but...maybe the GAP.

My drawings look like people. My learning curve has been steep. I feel better now, at the end. This is for two reasons: 1. I understand what I am doing. 2. I initially felt behind, but now I see that no one else is progressing much. They crank out the same ugly shit they did at the beginning of the semester. I always thought in the back of my mind that I had been accepted because they needed the money, but in fact, I have better designs than most people in my classes. And I think it's fun.

Another shocker: I am ready to become a New Yorker. I'm not moving back. I love Brooklyn. I feel normal living here. The transition wasn't uncomfortable. I meet new people all the time and I find new/awesome things in my neighborhood constantly. Hopefully the room at Jacob's house works out. That would make coming back in August exceptionally easy. Andddd he should be my new best friend.

woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment